Monday, January 30, 2012

Reality sinks in

A week ago today, I had a realization that brought everything to a halt. I cannot buy any more yarn for a whole year. And it stopped me in my tracks.

When I decided to take on the challenge of knitting from my stash for a year, I was fine with it. I am big on the "enough" principle. I have enough yarn. I have enough patterns to knit. I was actually looking forward to it. It will be fun to knit a heap of things I have been meaning to get around to.

Then on the actual day the challenge began, I stopped thinking, "Soon I won't be able to buy yarn". And I started thinking, "Now I can't buy any more yarn until this time next year".

I tell you, the realization brought me to a halt. This is it, I have made this commitment and I have to at least try to keep it. For a brief moment I considered begging all my relatives to buy me yarn as presents.

This could be a lot harder than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment